Application for a Learning Agreement
We will issue Learning Agreements for the respective lectures if the foreign course is equivalent.
Criteria for the recognition of credits abroad
- The content of the course must be the same as the course at the University of Passau or it must be a useful addition to the elective courses.
- The number of hours must at least correspond to that of the course in Passau.
- The examination must be in the form of a written exam. However, combinations of written and oral examinations are possible.
- As a rule, no first or second semester courses in the Bachelor's programme are recognised.
The following steps are necessary for a successful procedure:
The application form must be completed digitally and in full and signed by you before you start the course in question. Then send the completed and signed document together with information on course content incl. bibliography and examinations by e-mail to LA-WINFO@uni-passau.de.
We will check your information, prepare the Learning Agreement for you and then send you a notification by e-mail that you can pick it up at the respective chair.
Please note that the processing can take up to 2 months!
After your stay abroad, you will first report back to the chair that issued you the Learning Agreement - if this is required on the Learning Agreement.
However, the conversion of your grade will no longer take place at the individual chairs where the Learning Agreement was applied for, as was previously the case, but will be carried out centrally at the Dean's Office of the School of Business, Economics and Information Systems during the usual office hours.
You will need the following documents for the conversion:
- the official Transcript of Records of the partner university in the original (not digital!) + 1 copy
- the issued, signed Learning Agreement
You can submit the Learning Agreement to the Examination Office after the grade conversion has been confirmed by the Dean's Office.
Here you can find information on the conversion of grades.